It is currently 22. Aug 2017, 09:21

Tools: Calendar Calendar   Games Games   Gallery Gallery   Downloads Downloads   

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Need update for Intel P67 chipset
PostPosted: 11. Feb 2011, 01:02 

I can't connect to the internet on a motherboard with the new Intel P67 chipset. I've updated all the drivers. If I use an Ubuntu beta live CD I can connect to the internet. Is there an update coming that will resolve this issue?

Post subject: Re: Need update for Intel P67 chipset
PostPosted: 12. Feb 2011, 21:49 

For which network card excatly do you have the problem?
Could you please post the lspci and lsmod outputs from a system, where the NIC is working.

What excatly do you mean with updated all the drivers?
Are there any drivers available from the NIC vendor?
Have you correctly installed the drivers on Dotsch/UX ?
Have you build a new kernel or installed a module?
Have you rebuild the initramfs after installing the drivers?

PostPosted: 15. Feb 2011, 02:52 

Dotsch wrote:
For which network card excatly do you have the problem?
Could you please post the lspci and lsmod outputs from a system, where the NIC is working.

What excatly do you mean with updated all the drivers?
Are there any drivers available from the NIC vendor?
Have you correctly installed the drivers on Dotsch/UX ?
Have you build a new kernel or installed a module?
Have you rebuild the initramfs after installing the drivers?

I have a new Asus P8P67-M Pro motherboard. It's one of the new Intel Sandy Bridge architecture motherboards. It has onboard Realtek 8111E Gigabit lan controller. I have updated to the latest LAN and chipset drivers. The problem is I can't connect to the internet using your Linux distro on this particular motherboard. I can connect to the internet with any of the other 4 systems I have running Dotsch/UX. It won't even let me manually try to connect because when I put in the default gateway (192.168.1.1) it reverts back to 0.0.0.0 every time. That tells me it can't see the router. If I use a beta live CD of Ubuntu on this motherboard I can connect to the internet. I am pretty much a novice with Linux so I don't have any idea how to trouble shoot this issue. I love your Linux distro for my dedicated crunchers. That's why I was hoping you could help.

PostPosted: 2. Apr 2011, 03:26 

Hello Dotsch. Were are you? I would love to run your distro on the new P67 and upcoming Z68 Intel chipset mobos. Any chance of an update to accomplish this?

PostPosted: 2. Apr 2011, 07:44 

nanoprobe wrote:
Hello Dotsch. Were are you? I would love to run your distro on the new P67 and upcoming Z68 Intel chipset mobos. Any chance of an update to accomplish this?

The problem is, that you need a newer kernel or kernel modules, which supports the new cards.
As workaround, you can try to install a newer kernel or the vendor specific drivers on Dotsch/UX, as I have written before.
From my side, a new Dotsch/UX release based on Ubuntu 10.04 could fix this, too. But the problem is still the time and also that nobody would like to help me on the development of the new version. The Alpha Release is still not ready due a lot of changes between the Ubuntu releases. So the bug and todo list ist actualy very long.

PostPosted: 1. May 2011, 00:54 

Dotsch wrote:
nanoprobe wrote:

The problem is, that you need a newer kernel or kernel modules, which supports the new cards.
As workaround, you can try to install a newer kernel or the vendor specific drivers on Dotsch/UX, as I have written before.
From my side, a new Dotsch/UX release based on Ubuntu 10.04 could fix this, too. But the problem is still the time and also that nobody would like to help me on the development of the new version. The Alpha Release is still not ready due a lot of changes between the Ubuntu releases. So the bug and todo list ist actualy very long.

Understood. I actually found a work around by installing a PCI ethernet card. Unfortunately most of the newer boards have done away with any native PCI support but I was able to find an Asus board that still supports it. Thanks for all the work you do. I know it's time consuming.