It is currently 19. Sep 2017, 22:45

Tools: Calendar Calendar   Games Games   Gallery Gallery   Downloads Downloads   

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Anyone running 6.12.x with original 1.2 package?
PostPosted: 24. Dec 2010, 20:13 

I tried upgradeing 6.10.56 to 6.12.8 but got the error message glibc 2.11 not found. More details here Anyway, I am guessing that I have got to upgrade 1.2 to all the new ubuntu updates. That is a PITA as I have very little space left on my 4gb flash drives and I have 5 systems: three with gpu and two W/O. The last time I did an upgrade, the gpu stuff was too big and I had to do a lot of cleaning to make room for the downloads.

I did not see "glibc" listed in the synaptic package manager. I was hoping to see "2.11" If anyone had a clue about how to download the minimum that gets me glibc 2.11 please post how to do it. If I follow the update suggestions, there are about 60 new packages most of which I have no need for and can easily fill up the remaining space on my 4gb flash drive.

EDIT - glibc 2.11 seems to be strange. It is libc.so.6 and the package manager shows 2.6.27-16.44 with an upgrade to 17.46. There is no upgrade to 2.11

Googleing I see that "rpm -q glibc" is supposed to give the versoin of glibc but that does not work on Dotsch/UX.

hmm - I just tried an update and the ip addresses of where to get the updates do not work anymore. Think I waited too long (over a year) w/o updating anything. Maybe there is a different repository???

thanks for looking

Post subject: Re: Anyone running 6.12.x with original 1.2 package?
PostPosted: 7. Jan 2011, 00:10 

I have readen in the alpha tester forums, that there was a problem with the glibcs. Sounded like a wrong compiled client.
I will have a look onto it.