It is currently 19. Sep 2017, 22:38

Tools: Calendar Calendar   Games Games   Gallery Gallery   Downloads Downloads   

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Can we get a newer version of Dotsch/UX based on 12.04.1 LTS
PostPosted: 13. Jan 2013, 22:54 

Please understand that until recently I had planned to build a Linux live USB for this exact same purpose until I had stumbled upon your distro and saw it as a quick and easy solution instead. I think it's an excellent idea and the fact that it's based on Ubuntu just makes me grin with delight. However, I have tried the USB install method and the build that is used as the base is to old to run it, crashes the display driver and fails every time on multiple machines. I have also tried to run it in a VM with little to no success. I no longer have machines that old or slow in my possession. It would be nice if I could use modern hardware. Something with an SSD and a AMD FX-8350 or Intel core I7-3970x and 32-64GB of ram with some compute power from SLI or Crossfire. Maybe a Quadro 6000 and some Tesla K20X cards? I think that this is an awesome idea but I would like a build that I can throw some raw power at or at the very least have something that was built based on a distro from the past year. A modern Kernel would be nice. I prefer KDE, LXDE, and ICEWM window managers over Gnome as well. Maybe I am asking too much and should just consider setting up a Beowulf cluster. However the energy requirements often outweigh the benefits especially with older hardware. I look forward to a more recent build.

Post subject: Re: Can we get a newer version of Dotsch/UX based on 12.04.1 LTS
PostPosted: 13. May 2013, 18:53 

I too ,would like to see this up-dated .
Is this project dead ?
Is it possable to up-date it our selfs with out blowing it up , because I tryed and couldent do it .
but I know nothing about linux so it was probably my fault .