It is currently 21. Nov 2017, 03:26

Tools: Calendar Calendar   Games Games   Gallery Gallery   Downloads Downloads   

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Diskless Server Install
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2009, 08:10 
User avatar

Joined: 03.2009
Posts: 66
Location: Republic of Texas, Central
Gender: Male
A few minutes ago I ran... Applications / „Dotsch/UX NFS Diskless Tools“ / „Install Diskless Server.

All appeared to be running as shown in the v1.1 example screens on the website...

except.... in step 4/5 the stopping of the dhcp3 server got [fail]. I think this is correct for 1st time ever running as dhcp3-server shouldn't have been running yet. The start got [ok].

and then...
during or perhaps at the end of copying of x64 arch it said ... I think.. "press enter to continue" and before doing anything displayed some message about a resource not being available.. "on line 22". " read : read". The window then closed before I could get all the details or take a screenshot of it.

Please advise.

Thanx, Skip

PS: Could this by chance be due to the fact that I had created a partition "/diskless" with my manual gpartd setup when I first installed the OS? It did create master.x64 and tftpboot folders in that partition.

PPS: after seeing this "LOG=$DOTSCHUX_VAR/install_diskless-server.log" I was hoping I would find a file /var/opt/dotsch_ux/install_diskless-server.log but did not. There is an empty file called diskless_server.lck there though.

_________________
- da shu @ the BOINC farm, SkipsJunk, Guru Mountain
- BoincDV is on-line! Click HERE
Phillip Warren Anderson works on my RAM & CPU problems


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Diskless Server Install
PostPosted: 25. Mar 2009, 18:59 

Joined: 11.2008
Posts: 138
Gender: None specified
Skip Da Shu wrote:
A few minutes ago I ran... Applications / „Dotsch/UX NFS Diskless Tools“ / „Install Diskless Server.

All appeared to be running as shown in the v1.1 example screens on the website...

except.... in step 4/5 the stopping of the dhcp3 server got [fail]. I think this is correct for 1st time ever running as dhcp3-server shouldn't have been running yet. The start got [ok].

and then...
during or perhaps at the end of copying of x64 arch it said ... I think.. "press enter to continue" and before doing anything displayed some message about a resource not being available.. "on line 22". " read : read". The window then closed before I could get all the details or take a screenshot of it.

This are to know problems.
For the first one, the script did not test if the DHCP server ran, and made a restart of the DHCP server. But, if the DHCP server not ran you get an error from he stop.
The second one is a very strange thing for I have not found a soulution. This problem occurs sometimes, and I have not found a workaround for this.

But both are harmless and did not need any invention.

Quote:
PS: Could this by chance be due to the fact that I had created a partition "/diskless" with my manual gpartd setup when I first installed the OS? It did create master.x64 and tftpboot folders in that partition.

No. This is a good idea to do this with a seperate filesystem. - I have the simliar setup, but with a seperate /diskless filesystem within LVM to extend the filesystem /diskless more flexible.

Quote:
PPS: after seeing this "LOG=$DOTSCHUX_VAR/install_diskless-server.log" I was hoping I would find a file /var/opt/dotsch_ux/install_diskless-server.log but did not. There is an empty file called diskless_server.lck there though.

[/quote]
Oh. I have to look, why the log was not written correctly.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


 Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 
cron