It is currently 21. Nov 2017, 03:26

Tools: Calendar Calendar   Games Games   Gallery Gallery   Downloads Downloads   

All times are UTC + 1 hour

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Diskless Server Install
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2009, 08:10 

A few minutes ago I ran... Applications / „Dotsch/UX NFS Diskless Tools“ / „Install Diskless Server.

All appeared to be running as shown in the v1.1 example screens on the website...

except.... in step 4/5 the stopping of the dhcp3 server got [fail]. I think this is correct for 1st time ever running as dhcp3-server shouldn't have been running yet. The start got [ok].

and then...
during or perhaps at the end of copying of x64 arch it said ... I think.. "press enter to continue" and before doing anything displayed some message about a resource not being available.. "on line 22". " read : read". The window then closed before I could get all the details or take a screenshot of it.

Please advise.

Thanx, Skip

PS: Could this by chance be due to the fact that I had created a partition "/diskless" with my manual gpartd setup when I first installed the OS? It did create master.x64 and tftpboot folders in that partition.

PPS: after seeing this "LOG=$DOTSCHUX_VAR/install_diskless-server.log" I was hoping I would find a file /var/opt/dotsch_ux/install_diskless-server.log but did not. There is an empty file called diskless_server.lck there though.

Post subject: Re: Diskless Server Install
PostPosted: 25. Mar 2009, 18:59 

Skip Da Shu wrote:
A few minutes ago I ran... Applications / „Dotsch/UX NFS Diskless Tools“ / „Install Diskless Server.

All appeared to be running as shown in the v1.1 example screens on the website...

except.... in step 4/5 the stopping of the dhcp3 server got [fail]. I think this is correct for 1st time ever running as dhcp3-server shouldn't have been running yet. The start got [ok].

and then...
during or perhaps at the end of copying of x64 arch it said ... I think.. "press enter to continue" and before doing anything displayed some message about a resource not being available.. "on line 22". " read : read". The window then closed before I could get all the details or take a screenshot of it.

This are to know problems.
For the first one, the script did not test if the DHCP server ran, and made a restart of the DHCP server. But, if the DHCP server not ran you get an error from he stop.
The second one is a very strange thing for I have not found a soulution. This problem occurs sometimes, and I have not found a workaround for this.

But both are harmless and did not need any invention.

Quote:
PS: Could this by chance be due to the fact that I had created a partition "/diskless" with my manual gpartd setup when I first installed the OS? It did create master.x64 and tftpboot folders in that partition.

No. This is a good idea to do this with a seperate filesystem. - I have the simliar setup, but with a seperate /diskless filesystem within LVM to extend the filesystem /diskless more flexible.

Quote:
PPS: after seeing this "LOG=$DOTSCHUX_VAR/install_diskless-server.log" I was hoping I would find a file /var/opt/dotsch_ux/install_diskless-server.log but did not. There is an empty file called diskless_server.lck there though.

[/quote]
Oh. I have to look, why the log was not written correctly.