It is currently 12. Dec 2017, 07:31

Tools: Calendar Calendar   Games Games   Gallery Gallery   Downloads Downloads   

All times are UTC + 1 hour

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: How to Confiure Dotsch/UX v1.2 x64 to use Wireless
PostPosted: 16. Feb 2014, 16:34 

I have a machine up and using bionic through Dotsch/UX v1.2 x64. This is an excellent product and I very grateful for it.

I would like to be able to have it use a wireless connection which I already have. The wireless I have is the Media Link MWN-USB-150N. A link to the webpage can be found here:

http://www.medialinkproducts.com/wirelessUSBAdapter.php

I would like to configure Dotsch/UX to use this wireless connection automatically.

I am a Linux newbie and any help configuring it them to work together would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: How to Confiure Dotsch/UX v1.2 x64 to use Wireless
PostPosted: 23. Feb 2014, 17:18 

Anyone?

Post subject: My Solution
PostPosted: 22. Jun 2014, 18:19 

I appreciate what others have put together in building the Dotsch system. I thought I’d post my solution to this issue in case it helps anyone else.

I was trying to get Dotsch/UX v1.2 x64 to use wireless. I was unable to find a card or usb which would work with Ubuntu 8.1. I chased down many avenues and turned up many dead ends.

I took an old G wireless router I had then updated the firmware so that it can both send and receive using dd-wrt. There is no cost to do this. The wiki providing more detail can be found here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page.

After doing this you can connect your Ubuntu based PC using an Ethernet cable.

I have been successfully running using this method for a while. So far, I’ve had no issues.