It is currently 19. Sep 2017, 22:36

Tools: Calendar Calendar   Games Games   Gallery Gallery   Downloads Downloads   

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: New Version of Dotsch/UX? // Intel DH67CL Drivers?
PostPosted: 9. Dec 2011, 15:27 

Hey,
the latest Dotsch is based on Ubuntu 8.10, so basically a bit outdated.
Besides the new ubuntu kernel supports many new devices and imho a new release of the cuda driver also could bump up the performance a lot.

Anyway, my problem:
I need the drivers for an Intel DH67CL Mainboard to gain acces to the internet (the ubuntu 8.10 kernel obviously has no support for the onboard ethernet device....)
I tried to compile these drivers (http://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/) but the linux kernel headers are missing in dotsch (and various other stuff i'd need to compile these drivers), but the 8.10 repo's are offline.

Anyone got an tip for me how i get those damn drivers up and running?

And what about a whole new Dotsch/UX version? With latest Ubuntu and CUDA Drivers etc...? Maybe based on Xubuntu, to give boinc most of the ressources? After 2 years this wouldn't be the baddest idea...

Post subject: Re: New Version of Dotsch/UX? // Intel DH67CL Drivers?
PostPosted: 11. Dec 2011, 09:36 

hi,

A solution for ver 8.10 . Edit the "/etc/apt/sources.lst" and make reference to all repos as:
"http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic"

Also do this in the master-i386 & master-x64 when you get the diskless pxe setup.

I haven't tried a distro upgrade after the change , just an update of packages & added some.

stegil

Post subject: Re: New Version of Dotsch/UX? // Intel DH67CL Drivers?
PostPosted: 11. Sep 2012, 13:11 

Hi,

Could we get a step by step on how to do that from command line pls for us win doze users who don't understand the coolness of Linux yet but are willing to learn stegil?

Tried to edit it in the GUI and it said I didn't have permission and I AM the Owner. LOL

Dave