It is currently 20. Oct 2017, 09:07

Tools: Calendar Calendar   Games Games   Gallery Gallery   Downloads Downloads   

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Random Kernel Panic with more than 4 diskless clients
PostPosted: 15. Dec 2010, 19:31 

I thought it would be best to start a separate thread regarding this issue.
This is continued from this thread>> dotsch-f16/new-version-dotsch-coming-soon-t77.html

It seem like with more than 4 diskless clients the client images are getting corrupted. I found one client that would not boot. I ran "tune2fs /diskless/<client hostname>" and it worked with 4 nodes, for 2 days till I started node 5 and 6... 8 hours later I had 3 kernel panics (node 3,4, and 6). I have also tried starting the nodes in reverse order (6 , 5 , 4 , 3) the ones that kernel panic are usually random after starting the last 2 nodes.

I am doing a low level format on both these drives right now so they are totally clean and have no bad sectors. I will have it reinstalled tonight and I'll post the diagnostic results in a couple days.

Thanks again,

Peter

Post subject: Re: Random Kernel Panic with more than 4 diskless clients
PostPosted: 16. Dec 2010, 10:42 

From the other thread...
For the crash problem, I recommend you to setup the included Ganglia Performance Monitoring systems on all diskless servers and diskless nodes. So you can have a exact look at the network and disk bandwith.
Could you please generate some debug infos with "sudo /opt/dotsch_ux/bin/getsysinfo.sh" after one or more crashed diskless systems and the client mail me the output.

What do you mean with "diskless images" get corrupt? - The written data in the /diskless filesystem?
Which filesystem do you use ?
Do you have more than one disk(RAID 1/RAID 10 Setup) for the /diskless filesystem?