It is currently 19. Sep 2017, 22:42

Tools: Calendar Calendar   Games Games   Gallery Gallery   Downloads Downloads   

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: some pxe problems found
PostPosted: 3. Mar 2009, 02:02 

First of all i would like to congratulate you on this great tool.
it's a very easy way to setup a boinc farm without too much trouble and the usb boot is also very handy.

i found some bugs however in the diskless options.

when adding diskless clients it uses the 1st IP in the dhcp range, this forces me to edit exports file and fix the ips there
when adding diskless clients sometims the mac address wasn't proprely named in the pxelinux.cg folder (using automatic detection) example: MAC "01-00-03-ff-4f-64-39" would be named just "01-"

also when adding the mac address manually since the file above is case sensitive if the mac inserted manually is inserted in upper case it doesnt correct it and the machine wont boot (since it doesnt identify the config file)

other than some minor english language errors everything seems to be working great.

keep up the good work :)))

Post subject: Re: some pxe problems found
PostPosted: 5. Mar 2009, 08:06 

ilx wrote:
First of all i would like to congratulate you on this great tool.
it's a very easy way to setup a boinc farm without too much trouble and the usb boot is also very handy.

Thank you ver much !

Quote:
i found some bugs however in the diskless options.

when adding diskless clients it uses the 1st IP in the dhcp range, this forces me to edit exports file and fix the ips there
when adding diskless clients sometims the mac address wasn't proprely named in the pxelinux.cg folder (using automatic detection) example: MAC "01-00-03-ff-4f-64-39" would be named just "01-"

also when adding the mac address manually since the file above is case sensitive if the mac inserted manually is inserted in upper case it doesnt correct it and the machine wont boot (since it doesnt identify the config file)

other than some minor english language errors everything seems to be working great.

The IP counting problem is fixed within Dotsch/UX 1.1, which I have released yesterday.
I will have a closer look to the MAC address problem and try to reproduce this. - In my tests I have never seen this problem.
Do you mean that the MAC has 01- and the rest of the string is missing ?

Quote:
keep up the good work :)))

Thank you !

The patch for updating Dotsch/UX 1.0 to 1.1 will follow the next days...

PostPosted: 29. Mar 2009, 02:30 

In /diskless/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/ there are two files. One is is the MAC address of the machine I'm trying to add in the format XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX. The other is the same with "01-" prefixed to it (01-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX). Is this normal or is it because I've made two attempts and adding this diskless client. If not normal should I delete both and start the add_client over?

PostPosted: 30. Mar 2009, 22:59 

Skip Da Shu wrote:
In /diskless/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/ there are two files. One is is the MAC address of the machine I'm trying to add in the format XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX. The other is the same with "01-" prefixed to it (01-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX). Is this normal or is it because I've made two attempts and adding this diskless client. If not normal should I delete both and start the add_client over?

This is OK. Both are required for the PXE boot process.