It is currently 12. Dec 2017, 07:31

Tools: Calendar Calendar   Games Games   Gallery Gallery   Downloads Downloads   

All times are UTC + 1 hour

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Re: WOW! + Noob questions
PostPosted: 25. Mar 2009, 19:02 

Skip Da Shu wrote:
Does /diskless/master.x64/home/boinc really need to contain the following empty folders or can I deleted them?

Documents
Music
Pictures
Public
Templates
VIdeos

I did not recommend you to delete them, because I had some strange phenomens when I tested the GNOME desktop. Some directories would be not recreated if the where deleted, and so some GNOME functions did not worked.

Post subject: Re: WOW! + Noob questions
PostPosted: 29. Mar 2009, 07:15 

I no suspect the reason I've been back and forth a couple times about how you remote access the clients after they've been installed is you weren't saying and/or I wasn't picking it up that they... I suspect... ARE assigned the same IP every time they come up once they've been added and boot thru the 1st time. I believe the server is giving the SAME address each time they come up... essentially a fixed IP address of whatever IP they were assigned when the client_add was run. Is this correct?

So if I can get my range statements worked out (and I think they are now) I shouldn't have a problem with remote accessing them.

Also it means that blurb I sent you about using the x11vnc server to access them at the login screen would also work!!